There is no doubt that a good bathroom bag organizer is our best assistant when we pack our luggage on a trip. It can help keep our luggage clean, tidy and organized during our trip. So it is necessary and vital to keep our toiletry bags clean.
If you’re not traveling or unable to travel at the moment, it’s the perfect time to refill, reorganize and clean your bathroom bag organizers.
However, you might not know how to clean the bathroom bag organizer in the right way. Or you don't know how to effectively clean toiletry bags of different materials.
Follow these simple steps to clean and store your bathroom bag organizer in preparation for your near future business travel.
Time to clean
When you’re not traveling, or if you’re between trips, you can take advantage of the time to prep and plan for future travel, from researching bucket list destinations and shopping to, yes, cleaning. Now is the perfect time to clean your toiletry bag, as well as to give it a once-over to refresh, refill, reorganize, and renew.
It is a great idea to keep a pre-packed clean toiletry kit that’s ready to go at anytime, I get a lot from this, and I believe you will, too.
Who wants to run around prep a toiletry kit when a travel opportunity comes up? Nope, not me. And not you! Downtime between trips is really the ideal time to take a hard look at your toiletry bag. Perhaps it has become bloated from tossing in a few extra hotel samples, something leaked once and it’s still a little grimy or sticky in a corner, or you used up your emergency bandages and haven’t replaced them. Now’s the time to take care of it all so you’re ready to travel again!
The steps of cleaning
- First, empty everything that’s in your bathroom bag organizers.
- Next, take it outside and shake out all the compartments and pockets, turning it inside out if it’s the kind of bag that can do that.
- Then, pick out any bits of paper, dried lotion, or soap that may be stuck in a corner or in the bag.
- After that, hand wash the bag using cool water and a gentle soap. Some bags may be able to go into a washing machine (check the label), but a quick dip and soak by hand works pretty well, too.
- Finally, once de-crudded and washed, hang it out to dry.
With your refreshed, refilled, clean bathroom bag organizer, so you are ready to go when you can travel again!