Traveling with only a backpack will make you feel more flexible and enjoyable. And this kind of experience can never be brought to you by a suitcase. Although traveling with a backpack may be pretty tricky for you at first because you are physically limited to what you can actually fit in your bag, you will appreciate it if you fully understand how to use it.
Can You Bring a Backpack Travel Bag on the Plane?
Savvy travelers will budget their trips in advance. If you are the kind of traveler who refuses to check in a bag to avoid expensive checked-bag fees, you should do some research before you get on board. Most airlines will allow a backpack as a personal item, but different airlines have different size restrictions for carry-on luggage, so make sure your baggage is under the size restriction for the particular airline.
For American Airlines, passengers’ carry-on bags shouldn’t be large than 22 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 9 inches high (handles and wheels are included). And the dimensions of personal items should not exceed 18 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 8 inches in height.
The Best Men’s Backpack Travel Bag at Bosidu
1. Waterproof Vintage Large Capacity Camera Backpack
Camera Bag Travel Backpack, $69.99
Dimensions: 12.5 × 6.5 × 15.7 inches
Material: Genuine Leather & Canvas
It provides secure storage for all your camera gear (camera, chargers, tripod, and other accessories). The bonus is that it also has a laptop compartment for a 15.6 laptop. This travel backpack for the camera is your must-have if you love carrying a camera or other expensive electronics during the trip to record memorable moments.
2. Waterproof Travel Weekender Duffel Bag
Three-way Backpack Handbag, $49.99
Dimensions: 21.5 × 10.5 × 10.0 inches
Material: PU Leather, 900D Polyester, and Nylon
A sports gear bag is a professional choice if you prefer outdoor exploration. You can carry this sports travel bag in different ways according to your activities. The waterproof, tearing-resistant material gives a complete sense of security in extreme weather.
3. Vintage Large-Capacity USB Canvas Travel Backpack
Weekender Bag Backpack, $89.00
Dimensions: 13.8 × 5.9 × 17.7 inches
Urban travel calls for a cool classic bag backpack. If you enjoy wandering in a foreign city, shuttling through cobblestone streets, and freeing up your hands to taste street snacks, this backpack is an ideal option.
How to Organize Your Travel Backpack Efficiently?
No matter what contents you are going to stow in your backpack, pleaseremember this important criterion: Lighter Is Better.
1. Clothes: Put your clothes into the main compartment. We understand some of you are prone to pack as many clothes as possible to have more outfit options. But we’re not going to a fashion show, so two-to-three outfits are enough.
2. Toiletries: Store all your toiletries in a small toiletry bag if you have one, and it can go in the front pocket where you can quickly grab it out when you pass through the airport security.
3. Electronics: Accommodate electronics (such as your laptop and camera) in the padded compartment. If your backpack doesn't have a specific room for devices, you can surround them with your clothes to reduce the impact of colliding.
4. Small items: Pack small items such as snacks, passports, keys, tickets, and sunglasses in the front or back pockets for easier access.