Toiletry bags are becoming men and women's must-have in their closet these days. For the men, the Dopp Kit has become a standard of their trip. Just like a cosmetic bag, it’s going to spend a lot of time on the bathroom counter top. For women, the wash bags play an important role in keeping their perfect makeup and organizing their skincare products.
But for toiletry bags, the fabric you use should be water resistant and pretty heavy duty for such a small accessory bag. Sewing heavyweight fabrics can be tricky on such a small scale, so there is a balance of fabrics that will be the best performing and most manageable to sew.
Why Do You Need The Fabric Toiletry Bags?
Whether you are planning a trip or to facilitate the cleanliness of the bathroom at home, whether you are more of a minimalist or like to carry your entire ten-step skincare routine with you, a fabric toiletry bag is vital for your life.
When at home, a good fabric toiletry bag can help you organize all the cosmetics to keep your bathroom clean and tidy. When you are traveling, you need a fabric toiletry bag even more, because you need a bag to hold the toiletries you need for travel, skincare products, cosmetics and other small items.
The Best Advantage of Fabric Toiletry Bags:
You just got your brand new fabric toiletry bag and it is so smooth and nicely packaged. The last thing you want to do is throw it in the washing machine! To avoid wrinkles and the headache of wrinkles, better to clean your fabric toiletry bag by hand. After rinsing out any soap and put the wash bag on another dry flat surface to dry in the sun. It dries pretty quickly and will remain smooth and flat. Hand washing is definitely easier and faster if you have a good place you can do it.
Here Is a List of The Best Fabrics to Consider for Toiletry Bags:
- Waxed Canvas seems to be the most popular choice for Dopp Kits these days. It’s heavy duty, okay to get wet on a regular basis and it looks upscale with leather trim and vintage brass details.
- #10 (15oz) Double Filled Cotton Duck will require an industrial sewing machine and experienced seamstress. It can be a challenge to handle with small scale patterns, but the results are worth it! But there are also some good color variety to choose from. that looks really heavy duty and durable.
- 600 Denier Polyester (or 600D) is commonly used for the exterior and interior of the bag, sometimes even as a bottom trim for extra stability. It is a dream to sew! The solution dyed polyester is made to battle the elements, so the bathroom sink is easy.
- 1000 Denier Polyester (1000D) is very similar to 600 Denier, just a bit heavier. It can more than handle duty as a fabric toiletry bag. This fabric is commonly used for luggage and outdoor gear bags.
- 12oz Cotton Duck is often referred to as our most versatile fabric. It’s heavy enough to be durable yet drapes well enough to be used in decor applications. These would make some very nice shaving bags. Maybe the 12oz Cotton Duck in brown with leather trim!
Bosidu is an online store which is professional for toiletry bags. Check here and get your favourite toiletry bags. Mybosidu!