Travel, in my opinion, is the best way to relax oneself. But if you are going to plan an agreeable and rewarding journey, you need to take the cost of checked bags into the consideration, otherwise, it would be a little awkward when you realize you’re over budget. That’s because many airlines charge handsome fees to check bags which can offer costs as the actual flight itself. No wonder millions of travelers choose to take flights without checking in any baggage these days.
Can We Use a Duffel as a Carry On
The question is since we choose not to check our luggage to save money, what are our necessities to be stored in? I think many experienced travelers would say, “A travel duffel bag.” Yep, a duffel bag can count as your carry-on. But keep in mind that you have to abide by the carry-on size and weight restriction (for most airlines, a carry-on has to be under 22 × 14 × 9 inches or 45L). An additional perk to using a duffel bag as a carry-on is that duffels are flexible, so one or two inches above this limit is usually fine, while for suitcases, even one inch above the limit will cause issues, or worst, you might be asked to check them in for additional fees.
Pros and Cons of Duffels
- Lightweight: This is the most obvious advantage of duffels.
- Affordable: A good suitcase will cost you lots of money, while the price is the main selling point of a duffel.
- Flexible: As we mentioned above, it is flexible. And the flexibility of a duffel allows you to cram it into the overhead compartment.
- Less protective: Because of the soft material of duffel bags, they can’t offer you good protection to the contents inside like suitcases (especially hard shell suitcases) do.
- Carrying a duffel bag with its handle might cause hand pain when overpacked.
Best Carry On Size Duffel Bags
1. Mens’ Carry On Duffel Bag
Made of pure and high-quality leather, this weekender duffel bag for men provides you with more than enough storage space to meet your daily life. It has an adjustable shoulder strap of 37-52 in length, which allows you to be hand free if your hand hurts. At the same time, with the dual-zippered closures, you can securely lock the inner large compartment while traveling.
Buy It Now: Large PU Leather Carry on Shoulder Duffle Bag
2. Small Female Carry On Duffel Bag
If you are a light packer, then you will not regret owning this lovely duffel bag. The bag is well-built, functional, and has withstood quite a bit of use and abuse. And it also offers a lot of spaces to store items of different sizes (an interior main compartment, an interior zipper pocket, two interior compartments, a side zipper pocket, a side pocket, and a back zipper pocket). With the floral appearance, there are 8 colors you can choose from.
3. Ladies Garment Duffle Bag
If you have so many outfits to travel with that you can’t decide which one to sacrifice in exchange for extra space for other essentials, this duffle bag with a large capacity is your must-have. The bag has lots of space to put at least a week’s worth of clothing. Trust me, the detailed design, high-end fabric, and vibrant color will never fail you. Besides, it cost only 59.99 dollars, which is quite reasonable.
Buy It Now: Zebra Stripe Travel Duffel Bag for Ladies