Researchers found that traveling has a crucial impact on people. It’s a good way to reduce stress and anxiety because it gets you away from the daily grind and helps you venture outside of your comfort zone. So leave all your trivial matters behind and explore the world’s beauty! But make sure the way you travel doesn’t cause extra pressure. For example, if you are prone to travel alone, don’t bother yourself to find a travel partner.
When it comes to travel, many travelers are inclined to travel with a duffle weekender bag, which is convenient, easy to pack, and comfortable to carry around. But what essentials to pack into a carry-on duffel bag and how to pack efficiently require you to think carefully. Because duffel bags generally don’t have many compartments and pockets to help you organize. If you just throw everything you want into the bag at will, you’ll find the bag will soon be filled but without much.
Don’t worry! Packing a duffel doesn’t have to be stressful, though. Here is a checklist to help you pack and enjoy your trip!
Choose a Right Travel Duffle Bag:
Just like dresses, different types of duffels serve different purposes. Below are a few considerations while choosing and some related recommendations:
- What size do you need? If you are an over-packer, go for an extra-large duffel bag that is capacious to store all your stuff; but if you’re a minimalist or prefer to travel light, then a medium-size or a small carry-on duffel will be no problem.
Dimensions: 20.5 × 15 × 10 inches
Dimension: 21.2 × 9 × 13.4 inches
- Do you need a shoe compartment? If your trip requires you to bring extra pairs of shoes, like high heels, sneakers, or sandals, a travel bag with shoe compartment is a great option.
- Do you need special storage? Some businessmen or businesswomen who travel for work need to pack dresses or suits into the luggage. Special storage with a built-in hook is necessary to keep them well-ironed.
- Do you need a toiletry bag? Waterproof toiletry bags for travel can protect toiletries, cosmetics, and other liquids from leaking out.
What Essentials Should You Pack for Travel?
- Change of Clothing:
- 3-4-days’ pairs of underwear
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Skin care products
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Cell phone
- Other necessities you may need:
- Credit cards
- Makeup products
- Sleeping mask
How to Pack Efficiently?
- Before packing, write down all things you want to travel with so that you know exactly what you need and whatnot. Consider the weather, the length of your trip, and your expected activities. Make sure you’re not carrying duplicate or functionally identical items.
- If your duffel doesn’t have a separate section for shoes, use packing cubes or a plastic bag to wrap your shoes and put them on the bottom of the bag.
- Fold your clothing. Rolling your clothing can save much space. And hide thin, small clothes into the large ones.
- Time to put fragile stuff. Put all glass bottles and electronics on the clothes. Since your soft clothes provide natural protection to them, preventing them from breaking.